The Philip Jones Griffiths Foundation is a charitable trust established in 2000 by the late photojournalist Philip Jones Griffiths. The object of the Foundation is to further the education of the public in the art and science of photography with a particular emphasis on helping and aiding young photojournalists.
The Trustees are Philip’s daughters; Katherine Holden and Fanny Ferrato. Both Katherine and Fanny, as trustees of the Philip Jones Griffiths Foundation, have had extensive experience coordinating exhibitions, from New York City and Los Angeles to Vietnam, and are continually working on securing, digitising and presenting the archive of Philip Jones Griffiths.
In the years since he died, the Foundation managed to achieve one of Philip’s main wishes; to house his archive in his home country of Wales. His archive will be protected and available to the public for generations to come at the National Library of Wales.
This archive stands not only as an irreplaceable document of the latter half of the 20th century, but also as inspiration to photographers, journalists and documentarians of coming generations. We intend to help transform this inspiration into high-quality, unaltered, un-edited photojournalism by supporting photojournalists with an annual grant which you can read more about here.
If you would like to know more about the Foundation and the work we do, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The photograph on the home page of this website of Philip Jones Griffiths: ©Donna Ferrato
- 2007 Recollections Trolley Gallery London, UK
- 2007 Recollections Savignano Festival Italy
- 2008 Recollections National Conservation Centre Liverpool, UK
- 2008 Recollections Mois de la Photo Paris, France
- 2008 Agent Orange Pallant House, Brighton Photo Biennial Brighton, UK
- 2009 Recollections Side Gallery Newcastle, UK
- 2009 Recollections BodelWyddan Cstle Denbighshire, Wales
- 2010 Recollections Pierhead, Futures Gallery Cardiff, Wales
- 2014 Recollections Moscow Photobiennale Moscow, Russia
- 2015 Questa E Guerra Palazzo Del Monte Di Pieta Padua, Italy
- 2015 Work, Rest and Play – British Photography from the 1960’s to Today Shenzhen, China
- 2015 Work, Rest and Play – British Photography from the 1960’s to Today Minsheng Art Museum Shanghai, China
- 2015 A Welsh Focus on War and Peace National Library of Wales Aberystwyth, Wales
- 2010 Engaged Observers The J Paul Getty Museum Los Angeles, U.S.A
- 2015 Failing Leviathan: Magnum Photographers and Civil War National Civil War Centre Newark, UK
- 2011 Maelstrom Howerd Greenberg Gallery New York, U.S.A
- 2009 Agent Orange War Remmants Museum Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam